We are Dragons
Our mission is to positively impact the development of youth in our community by providing football and life-enriching opportunities to young players of all ages and playing abilities, to create a lifelong passion for the sport, and to help raise the level of football in Hong Kong.. We strive to play an active role in the leadership, development and personal growth of our players and staff by being an active member of our community through service, partnerships and programs. Our ultimate goal as a club is to encourage, inspire and empower each player and coach to be able to reach the highest level possible within the game and in life, while helping create leaders and individuals that will inspire others to do the same.
- Positive Energy
- A positive attitude creates a positive environment.
- Never give up!
- Committed to developing the player and the individual.
- Good leaders will inspire themselves. Great leaders will inspire others.
- The team is greater than the individual.
- The club is greater than the team.
- The community is greater than the club.
HK Dragons FC will set the standard for all soccer clubs across Hong Kong by creating a culture that provides a foundation for all to reach their fullest potential on and off the field while having the ultimate football experience.
PRESERVE THE CORE
- Commitment to Excellence
- Player first approach
- Passionate about our mission
- Never stop improving
Player / Parent
- A full-time Player Development Director who will oversee the U6 – U10 age groups.
- Increasing the opportunity for all players who want to participate at the level they want while being coached and mentored by experienced, licensed coaches.
- Having an age-appropriate curriculum for developing cognitive, mental, social, and motor skills under the supervision of the Director of Player Development and Professional Staff coaches.
- Parent coaches having access to Professional Staff coaches as a resource on a regular basis.
- Players of all ages and playing ability having the opportunity to be mentored and coached by the best coaching staff in Hong Kong.
- Having a variety of fee structures that provides the best value within club soccer.
- Establishing player and parent communication to improve the role parents play in supporting players.
- Establish a senior football promotion program focused on exposing players to the college recruiting process throughout their high school career.
- To support and expand teams at the HKJFL level.
- Promote and attend prestigious International football tournaments.
- Create a lifelong passion for football and a capability to raise the level of football locally and in Hong Kong..
- Increased collaboration with charitable organisations and more charitable activities.
- Annual developmental program of 1000+ players.
- Promotion and development of partnership programs with youth football organisations from Asia, Europe and South America.
- Attracting additional highly qualified coaches from across the world.
- More organised, centralised, and consistent effort to provide the best possible environment for children to develop as players and as young people.
- To employ a dedicated team of professionals whose shared goal is excellence both on and off the field.
- To play an active role in player’s holistic development by:
- Encouraging communication between parents, coaches, teachers and club staff.
- Creating partnerships with parents, schools and colleges.
- Comprehensive monitoring programs covering coaching and educational issues.
HK Dragons Top 10 Tips
HK Dragons top 10 tips on success in football and life
The club are known for their positive and motivating approach to coaching children, and have won the reputation as one of the best youth football clubs in Hong Kong. Here HK Dragons give their coaching tips for kids on succeeding in football and in life.